Thursday, August 15, 2013

Approval of Men or of God?

Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ. Gal 1:10(NIV)

I don't really have a message to go along with this verse. It's one of many verses that is highlighted in my Bible and I also have a picture of it in my phone. I make it a habit to have scripture ready to lift me up, keep me safe, keep me focused and help me stay inspired.

One of the biggest issues Christians have to deal with day to day is living in a sinful world and remaining focused on God. Jesus says in John 15:19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

Because it is in our nature to be loved, liked and accepted, it can be easy to agree with the world and win their approval if it means we have a chance to feel good. This is when we run the risk of loosing our souls. In Mark 8:36 we are told For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?

I would encourage you to continually ready the Bible and find verses that speak to you. Make it a point to highlight them, take a picture of them, put notes around your house or desk; write them on your heart. This is how you can stay strong in the world and not worry about the approval of man, but to keep focus on the goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment